Wednesday, July 13, 2011

1st Nomination

I received notice today from the XPMedia Film Festival in Tempe, AZ that the music video for PITCHING HOPE has made it as a finalist and will compete for best music video this year.  I have to admit, my initial reaction was not that exciting.  I thought for sure this was some type of "feel good" tactic for those that were accepted.  I even questioned how many music videos were actually submitted.  I was assured by my friend Oracle, that there were many music videos last year and to make the type 5 is a good thing.   So now, I have to balance my reaction, to my self induced paranoia and actually try to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
Us creative types are different.  Filled with passion while swayed back and forth with our own self worth.  Being a military man myself, allowing those emotions to swing freely is not a common practice.  Never the less, it still happens, at times.
If you're someone who creates, and than puts that creation into a competition, don't fret.  Enjoy the ride and encourage others.  Worst thing that could happen is, you could actually earn some recognition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave feedback.